Singing and performing with simple instruments
- We are learning to use simple instruments to accompany our singing.
What to look for
- Pupils using simple instruments to accompany singing
- Pupils using instruments in actions songs and games
Have the pupils use simple musical instruments to accompany songs which illustrate simple musical concepts, for example:
- The drummer’s in the ring (loud/quiet);
- Bang, bang, the sticks go bang (loud/quiet);
- Make your sound like mine (long/short, loud/quiet);
- Some sounds are short (long/short);
- Jack in a box (high/low); or
- Sky-high, toe-low (high/low).
Introduce instrumental and sound-making opportunities into action songs or games, for example:
- Choose an instrument;
- Postman’s knocking;
- Musical box goes round;
- Tap your name;
- My favourite instrument;
- Shake, tappety, scrape; or
- I have sounds one and two.