Annual Report Templates
Three report templates have been produced. Schools can adapt or use one of these for their Annual Report. The templates are based on meeting the statutory reporting requirements for Key Stage 3. They illustrate possible approaches to reporting within a Northern Ireland Curriculum context and reflect the statutory requirements for assessment.
Annual Report Template 1
This report format could be used for pupils in Years 8 and 9 and illustrates reporting against the minimum requirements of the reporting regulations.
In this report the Cross-Curricular Skills of Communication and Using Mathematics are addressed through the Areas of Learning of English (including Media Education) and Mathematics (including Financial Capability). Reporting on the Other Skills (Thinking Skills and Personal Capabilities) is incorporated into the Areas of Learning. Each Area of Learning would contribute to reporting on at least one of the Other Skills. Reference to the focus for development might be made within each Area of Learning and the Form Tutor might comment on the pupil’s interests and strengths.
Template 1DOC, 68 KB
Annual Report Template 2
This report format could also be used for pupils in Years 8 and 9. It shows how a school might report using optional content and includes other curriculum subjects such as additional languages.
This format includes options for reporting in English (including Media Education) and Mathematics (including Financial Capability) separately from the Cross-Curricular Skills of Communication and using Mathematics. It also includes Religious Education. Reporting on the Other Skills (Thinking Skills and Personal Capabilities) is incorporated into the Areas of Learning. Each Area of Learning could contribute to reporting on at least one of the Other Skills. Reference to the pupil’s strengths and interests and focus for development might be made by the Form Tutor. The Head of Year comment is optional.
Template 2DOC, 79 KB
Annual Report Template 3
This report format could also be used for pupils in Year 10 as it contains Additional Information which is required for end of key stage reporting.
This Additional Information to be provided to the parents of each pupil in the final year of KS 3 covers
- the level of progression achieved in any cross-curricular skill in which s/he has been assessed in the final year of that key stage in accordance with the assessment arrangements for that key stage; (this is shown within the main body of the annual report)
For the purposes of this template CCEA has suggested an additional page be appended to include the following generic information which is specific to the school:
- a statement of the level of progression expected (Level 5) for a pupil in each cross-curricular skill at the end of Key Stage 3 (year 10).
- a statement of the percentage of Year 10 pupils in the school…
- attaining the expected level or above in that cross-curricular skill (Levels 5-7);
- working towards the level expected level but who have not yet attained that level in that cross-curricular skill; and
- exempted from assessment in that cross-curricular skill.
Where a pupil has been exempted from any part of the assessment arrangements in that school year a statement to that effect should be included.
Template 3DOC,92 KB
Instructions on how to access grade distribution through Assessment Manager can be found in the following document: