Download the full Step-by-Step Guide PDF, 6.1 MB
There is no single correct way to use Thinking Cards. You can use them:
- as a stimulus for thinking at various points in a sequence of lessons;
- to give you ideas when planning a Thinking Skills-infused lesson;
- to draw attention to the skills when a lesson has a particular infusion focus;
- to guide and structure discussion during a group activity;
- to prompt reflection when reviewing a completed piece of work; or
- to give a focus for assessment of the skills.
What is important is the way in which the cards are introduced to pupils. We recommend that you follow the Step-by-Step Guide so that pupils are not overwhelmed and can fully grasp how to use the cards, eventually being able to select and use cards independently.
Click here to see the ten steps outlined in the guide: